The last two chicks hatched last night so we arrived at school to find that we have 5 chicks this year. After moving them all across to the brooder, we needed to wait for them to get used to their new home and have some food and a drink before we could hold them.
It was with great excitement that the children all had a chance to hold one of our chicks after breaktime today. The children were extremely sensible and careful with the newborns and many of the chicks fell asleep in their hands.
The children have also named their chicks:
1. Fluffy (the predominantly black Scotts Grey)
2. Blossom (the black and yellow Scotts Grey)
3. Freddy (the largest brown Mixed Pekin)
4. Twinkle (the smaller brown Mixed Pekin)
5. Tutti Frutti (the yellow and brown Mixed Pekin)
Year 2, which one did you hold today? Did you like holding your chick?